NumotGaming is going to be slowly introducing new games and additional authors to the site. With that said, we have our first piece on Overwatch. D.VA was recently adjusted to make her more appealing for game play and it has made a huge difference. Checkout SorrowsEnd as he takes the upgraded character for a test drive in 66 seconds of game demolishing highlights.
Defense Matrix Changes
- Cooldown decreased from 10 seconds to 1 second
- A new resource meter has been added. This meter will deplete while Defense Matrix is active and then recharge when it’s not in use.
- Defense Matrix takes 10 seconds to reach full charge from empty
- At a full charge, Defense Matrix will last for 4 seconds
- Defense Matrix will now remain active as long as its assigned hotkey is held
- Defense Matrix has been reclassified as an alternate fire and is now bound to RMB (by default)
- An option to “Toggle Defense Matrix” has been added under Options > Controls > D.Va
- Ultimate cost decreased by 15%
- Explosion delay reduced from 4 seconds to 3 seconds
- Explosion no longer damages D.Va (the player who activates it)
Developer Notes: D.Va isn’t being selected as often as our other tanks, and we feel a lot of that stems from the underperformance of her damage absorption abilities. So, we’ve reconfigured her Defensive Matrix, making it more flexible and giving players the ability to use it more often. We’ve also given Self-Destruct a little more oomph, because it felt slightly underwhelming when compared to many of Overwatch’s other ultimate abilities.
D.Va is significantly better due to these changes. The ability to be able to toggle her Defense Matrix is a huge upgrade and makes her much more versatile in combat. D.Va’s ultimate no longer doing damage to her human form makes her ultimate less of a suicide run because now you can focus on avoiding the enemy players while waiting for the bomb to do its job.